Gegen Bilderklau - Das Original

Registrierung Mitgliederliste Teammitglieder Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Statistik Chat Karte Zur Startseite

Gegen Bilderklau - Das Original » Prosa, Epik, Kunst » Schreibecke » Geschichten » Closed doors | und wieder eine Kurzgeschichte » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Closed doors | und wieder eine Kurzgeschichte
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Luca Luca ist weiblich
Pemberley

images/avatars/avatar-46677.jpg

Closed doors | und wieder eine Kurzgeschichte Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Mal wieder eine Kurzgeschichte von der lieben (!) Luca Augenzwinkern .
Gleichwohl es auf englisch ist würde ich mich über Kommentare und Kritik sehr freuen. Ich hoffe es ist dennoch verständlich und wer Fehler findet darf sie mir entweder sagen oder sie sogar behalten fröhlich . Großzügig, oder?
Das Thema ist schon ein wenig persönlich und spukt mir schon ein wenig länger im Kopf rum, aber heute war mir nach schreiben zu mute und da ich vorher einen englischen Film gesehen und darauf eine eMail nach Neuseeland geschrieben hatte, wurde es halt etwas auf Englisch. Ich muss sagen, es hat mir Spaß gemacht und ich bin mit dem Ergebnis ganz zufrieden.
Kleine Randinformation: Ich musste zweimal ins Wörterbuch schauen ^^. Welche Wörter das waren - da dürft ihr knobeln Freude .

Closed Doors

For once it was not her bad health or other people she was complaining about. The first time in her life, I guess, it was simply the weather she got on about and obviously could not help but go on and on. Though I was used to it, I felt that I could not bear to hear anymore of it for this second. But what do you possibly say to the one and only person that cared about you her entire life? The one person that loved you all those odd years and that probably will love you forever? For sure you would not say anything like 'Oh please, shut up just this one time!'.
Maybe it was just my sense of good manners or it may have not been - I cannot quite tell. However, I just let her continue without listening any further. It has been like that since the age of 15 - I can quite remember that time - and it will be like that the rest of my life. Of that I'm sure. I've heard about other people who were able to tell their parents that they should stop moaning about their lives and should not tell their children what they have and what they do not have to do. Not anymore, anyway.
I was just not capable of that. I know I could not whine about the way she treated me for years if I never did anything against it but how on earth does someone do something like that? I mean every human being alive should be able to just go and explain to their parents that they are living their own lives now, away from the guardianship of anyone. And that the decisions they make - however they may be - are not the issues of their former guardians anymore. And for a fact (and how I already mentioned anyway), I know a lot of people do that. Some anyway.
"It's raining for days and days, isn't it?" she said while she poured herself another cup of tea. A good old English one, of course.
"Yes, mum, indeed." What else was I supposed to say? And I could not deny that I was annoyed with the rain, too. It actually was getting on my nerves quite a bit. But the moment my mother told me I felt it was not that bad at all anymore. Well, is that not kind of strange?
"You aren't very talkative today, are you?" Here old way of speaking made me feel sick the moment it came to my ear although even the most distrustful person could not hear anything malicious out of it. It was my own prejudice that made me hear those things. And I was powerless - again.
"No, I'm very sorry. I just don't feel quite right today. It might even be the weather. Maybe I've got a cold or something like that. You can never tell, can ya? Don't worry, though. I'm sure as hell that I'll be better soonish." Sure as hell? A few years ago she would have grizzled about that sentence.
Now we were too far away from each other to argue anymore. Not about the big topics and for sure not about the small ones. Life had teared us apart and I felt like a sailor on a ship who could just figure out a tiny, tiny person on the land far, far away. Years away - it might even have been light-years.
And now that I was thinking about those kind of things in her living room, with her but nevertheless miles away, I felt lonely and disappointed and angry at the same time. And a huge sadness fell upon me and I deeply felt regrets about my life and her life and how it became this. This relationship that was no longer a close one. That, in fact, was not even a good one anymore. The sorrow bit its way to my soul and I knew that I was not even trying to stop it.
The rain kept falling on the window and I followed with my eyes the little lines one single drop left until, seconds later, it vanished into oblivion. The apartment was filled with the heavy smell of lavender and - like always - a touch of fresh coriander
"You all right, though?" Somehow her attitude seemed to have changed. She posed the question with a trembled voice and I thought I heard the slightest hint of fear out of it.
"Course I am, mum! How could I not be? I told you you don't have to worry. I won't get seriously ill or anything like that an-"
"You know I'm not talking about that sort of stuff." I was alarmed at once and as sure as my body tighten up, I was ready for this conversation.
"Well... what are you talking then about?"
"You know... your life, your goals. What you'll do with your life. That sort of issues. It's important, isn't it?"
"Oh, it sure is for you, mother." I could not help but put a little bit of sarcasm in my voice.
"What's the matter with you? I just asked a simple question, didn't I?" It was the first time on that day that she actually looked me in the eyes. Her cold, blue eyes met my ones and I had to force myself to keep holding eye contact.
"Oh... c'mon! It's not a simple question. You're going to mourn about the my job, my flat and how small it is, about my relationship to guys and how I never get anything done." And when I finished those prognoses in an outraged kind of way I found myself suddenly standing.
Her small eyes were fixed upon me and the wrinkles around them appeared to have deepened. "Well... somehow you are always the one who predicts that things. So I have to ask you: Do you get anything done in your life?"
My hands became fists and I wanted to scream out loud and to abuse her in the worst possible way but I did not. I never did.
"Why THE HELL should that affect you? It's not even regarding you." And I fought with myself that I would not break out into tears.
"I'm your mother, Kathryn. How do you dare to say it's not affecting me?" And she said that in a strong kind of way no-one would have believed this person in this weak body was capable of.
"It's my life! When will you understand that? I would tell you. I really would. But whatever I do it will never be good enough for you! You'll always find something you can complain about. The way I live, the way I work, the way I meet other people..."
"You're talking nonsense there!" She got defiant then and her head lifted up a little bit just like she tried to put a bit more meaning in her words. And that was just enough for me.
"No! I'm not! And one way or another you'll get back to that point where you'll abuse me to-"
"I abuse you? Oh, very nice of you, my dear. Very nice." She was laughing now but it was that kind of ironic laugh I hated so much about her.
"Oh yes, you do! Damn it - you do! You-"
Again she cut my off in a sentence. "Oh yes, well. I guess I abused you in loving you and in raising you and in putting all the money in you. Oh how right you are! You poor little thing." There she was back - that narrow-minded mother she always has been.
"You doing it right now!" I whispered. The tears were streaming down my cheeks and I had to concentrate to continue to breath. There I was - 28 years old and still crying like a baby.
But my sudden change of volume seemed to irritate her and she seemed to need more time to comprehend what I just said. But I went on.
"You abuse me of being the one who ruined your life. I and not yourself!"
Her eyes narrowed. Her gaze were stinging me while she talked without really moving her lips.
"How dare you to talk to me like that? I ruined my life? I gave up my studies for you and I just want some respect from you but you're not even able to give me that much."
"You don't want respect!" I was shouting again. "You want success! I can't stand that anymore. You are selfish and I showed you all the respect I had and it was never enough for you, was it?"
And the moment she put on that grimace with this ironic laugh again, a part of me died. And I guess that part was the connection to my mother. I reckon that's how they do it, those people who tell their parents that they got to back out of their lives. Put the moment I had run out of her house, the moment I could not smell the lavender and coriander anymore, the moment the rain was touching my skin it did not feel as great as I had imagined.
And somehow when the door behind me crashed into its frame it had closed forever.

Copyright by Charlotte H.

Romanes eunt domus!

31.07.2007 00:20 Luca ist offline Beiträge von Luca suchen Nehmen Sie Luca in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Luca Luca ist weiblich
Pemberley

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von Luca
Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Seit ihr denn alle so englischfaul smile ? Nicht einer, der wenigsten den Inhalt kommentieren mag?

Romanes eunt domus!

14.08.2007 18:07 Luca ist offline Beiträge von Luca suchen Nehmen Sie Luca in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Kruemelkeks Kruemelkeks ist weiblich
Teufel im Engelskostüm O=)

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hehe da ich englisch gern lese hab ich mich mal durch gewühlt und ich muss sagen- respekt. Obwohl ich vermute, dass es nicht deine Muttersprache ist, gehst du erstaunlich gut mit den Worten um und schaffst es trotzdem Atmosphäre und Gefühle rüber zu bringen.
Ich maße mir nicht an dein Englisch zu korrigieren, dafür habe ich zu wenig kenntnisse, doch schienen mir einige Sätze ein wenig holprig. (Vielleicht mal von Lehrer/englisch sprachigen Freunden/whatever drüber schauen lassen)

Desweiteren kann man mit der Frau gut mitfühlen und nicht zuletzt weil fast jeder die Problematik kennt kommt es recht authentisch rüber. Das einzige, was ab und an etwas extrem rüber kam, war... "Selbstmitleid" (ist nicht 100% das wort was ich brauche) der Frau. Sie denkt ein wenig zu sehr an sich, auch wenn ihre Mutter nicht gerade anders ist. <- oder ist das gewollt?

-> Springreiter aus Überzeugung <-

Alles muss raus

21.08.2007 23:55 Kruemelkeks ist offline E-Mail an Kruemelkeks senden Beiträge von Kruemelkeks suchen Nehmen Sie Kruemelkeks in Ihre Freundesliste auf Fügen Sie Kruemelkeks in Ihre Kontaktliste ein
Luca Luca ist weiblich
Pemberley

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von Luca

Hey, danke Freude
Tut mir Leid das sich so spät antworte, mir gings in letzter Zeit nicht so gut.
Freut mich, dass sich jemand da durchgewuselt hat und dann auch noch so schöne konstruktive Kritik abgibt. Dankeschön!

Das Selbstmitleid, bzw. die besondere egozentrische Haltung der Frau war bedingt beabsichtigt. Am Ende fiel es etwas schlimmer aus, als ich zu Anfang es beabsichtigt hatte, aber dann gefiel es mir ganz gut, weil es eigentlich die Beziehung von Mutter und Tochter etwas definieren sollte.

Und du hast schon Recht, die Problematik kann einigen vertraut sein. Auch wenn es vielleicht etwas überspitzt ist, aber auch die leichte Überreaktion sollte mehr auf die freudsche Fehlleistung der Erzählerin hindeuten, bzw. im Prinzíp war es ja keine mehr, denn sie war sich der Ablehnung gegenüber ihrer Mutter ja bewusst, aber hat sich dessen dennoch nicht wehren können.

Dankeschön nochmal, vielleicht sollt ich's wirklich mal von ein paar Freunden korrigieren lassne, bisher bin ich noch nicht dazu gekommen.
fröhlich

Romanes eunt domus!

24.09.2007 12:05 Luca ist offline Beiträge von Luca suchen Nehmen Sie Luca in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gegen Bilderklau - Das Original » Prosa, Epik, Kunst » Schreibecke » Geschichten » Closed doors | und wieder eine Kurzgeschichte

Impressum

Forensoftware: Burning Board, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH